The company provides this service for a fee which allows access to proxy servers in several locations in the world (Unites states, Canada, UK, Netherlands, Ireland, and Germany). For the purpose of this guide, let’s assume we wish to connect to a service in the United States.
|My location is identified as Tel Aviv|
Installing ibvpn on Windows 7
- Go to your “Network and sharing center” from your “Start” menu
- Select “Setup a new connection or network”
- Select “Connect to workplace”
- Select “Use my internet connection (VPN)”
- Type the address of the proxy server of your choice and give the connection a name
- In the USA there is a number of available proxy servers, you are advised to check each one in order to find which gives you the best connection speed, it’s possible you’ll get different speeds depending on the time of day.
- Type in your user and password, click connect.
- Once the connection process is done, you can see the indication you are connected to the VPN next to your internet connection (from your tray).
Once the process is done and you are connected, if you go back to the homepage of the company, you’ll see that the location from which you are connected is now identified as from the USA with a different IP address than the one you actually use.
|My new location is identified as Bloomington, USA|
Camouflaged browsing means routing all your communication through a proxy server. This means performance rate (connection speed) may be significantly reduced due to latency (especially if you browse sites that are distant from the proxy server location).
You are well advised to sample all the available proxy addresses offered in different time of the day.
- Don’t hesitate to open a service request with the company friendly support team.